Edge of Discovery is a 501(c)3 media arts initiative made up of a vibrant community of filmmakers, innovators and people from all walks of life coming together to create sharable experiences that reflect lives and communities historically overlooked by the mainstream.
Edge of Discovery mentorships
- Develop positive role models for women and other communities under-represented in mainstream media.
- Innovate ways to amplify voices and connect experiences to a larger community.
- Encourage interaction between youth and communities with engaged people from diverse walks of life including cross-discipline undergraduate and graduate level University students, developers, filmmakers, photographers, engineers, and writers.
- Foster connections between people, communities and ideas that encourage problem-solving, creative thinking, and innovative ways of participating in the world.
- Teach expression through exploration, imagination, and use of technology.
Edge of Discovery original projects use traditional and emerging media including virtual and augmented reality to create 21st century experiences of people and environments, community and culture.
We build community and maximize the reach of every project!
© 2017 Edge of Discovery